CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Problems with new sherline mill/camtronics system

Posted by cadcamcenter
on 2002-05-09 22:09:09 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "ggpipe" <ggpipe@y...> wrote:

> strangely, when I step the y axis forward and back the stepper
steps
> somewhat randomly.

When you say randomly, do you mean that it just seem to take one step
forward, and then back? If so, it could be that one phase is not
working. Try try jogging 1 step at a time and see the movement.

The previous post all recomment an unregulated power supply with a
large capacitor

> I ordered and assembled the camtronics 2A 3 axis kit and followed
the
> directions to the letter and passed the tests listed. I got my
> stepper motors in today from camtronics (160 oz in, 8 wire). I
wired
> the motors for series connection and hooked up the motors to the
> board. The x-axis works perfectly, but the y-axis is behaving
> strangely, when I step the y axis forward and back the stepper
steps
> somewhat randomly. I thought maybe the speed was set too fast, but
> lowered the speed until I could hear the individual steps and it
> still doesn't work right.
>
> BTW the rest of my config is a 13.5 V, 12 Amp switching power
supply,
> and the desknc software for DOS.
>
> I double checked the wiring to the stepper motor and it looks right.
>
> Any ideas on what to check?
>
> thanks,
> Glenn Pipe

Discussion Thread

ggpipe 2002-05-09 20:59:07 UTC Problems with new sherline mill/camtronics system cadcamcenter 2002-05-09 22:09:09 UTC Re: Problems with new sherline mill/camtronics system cadcamcenter 2002-05-09 22:29:57 UTC Re: Problems with new sherline mill/camtronics system bwrfromuk 2002-05-10 07:51:36 UTC Re: Problems with new sherline mill/camtronics system jeffdavis516 2002-05-10 10:43:14 UTC Re: Problems with new sherline mill/camtronics system ggpipe 2002-05-10 11:36:54 UTC Re: Problems with new sherline mill/camtronics system