CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: RasterFratz is now available

Posted by IMService
on 2002-05-17 13:02:47 UTC
> Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:00:56 -0000
> From: "doug98105" <dougrasmussen@...>
>Subject: Re: RasterFratz is now available
>
>Hi Fred,
>
>Please clarify this issue....will the program output DXF files which
>can be edited elsewhere? I thought you (or someone else) mentioned
>DXF.

Yes the DXF files are very simple structure, with layer assignment
for each color tracing group (2 colors = 1 layer, etc.).
In some of the controller programs depths can be
set to correspond to layer or color, directly from a DXF file. We are not
adding colors due to difficulty in guessing what colors are available in any
given Cad program. We are retaining a layer name tag so the contours
can be easily segregated for further processing. This means that you
could take all the contours from red color (or color group) and extrude
them to a given depth to make an interesting 3D model that is based on
plateau analysis rather than the usual direct to gray scale height field.

The program contains a fairly sophisticated image manipulation process,
but we hid that behind a few significant sliders to make a single program
(image touch up and tracing) with a very simple interface.

The price was set with hobbyists and small home shop machinists in mind.
In the past commercial programs which were touted for this purpose
generally started at about $400 for a small image and a full sheet size
(8 1/2 x 11 page) program was around $1200. Everything below this price
was and still is difficult to use to make tool paths. That was why, with a cry
of RASTERFRATZ &*()%$#@***!!! we started down the product development
path for a useful program that didn't cost an arm and a leg and didn't take 16
hours just to learn.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/2002group.html

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

IMService 2002-05-16 11:25:50 UTC RasterFratz is now available Tim Goldstein 2002-05-16 12:44:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RasterFratz is now available Doug Harrison 2002-05-16 16:17:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RasterFratz is now available imserv1 2002-05-16 20:44:53 UTC Re: RasterFratz is now available doug98105 2002-05-17 07:00:59 UTC Re: RasterFratz is now available Tim Goldstein 2002-05-17 08:42:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: RasterFratz is now available IMService 2002-05-17 13:02:47 UTC Re: Re: RasterFratz is now available