CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

FANS, 5V LED ( was Re: Gecko current set resistor

on 2002-05-22 11:05:23 UTC
Hi Dave, Listies,

Read the previous thread (6 mo. ago?) on using a 12 or 24V DC fan (and
appropriate series resistor) to discharge cap and indicate charge
remaining. You want a fan anyway!

My collection of old PC power supply fans are typically 170 - 250 ma. A
small resistor drops the need voltage from a 37 or 74v power supply.
IDENTICAL fans can be used in series.

Another good way as Mariss published (see files) is to use a relay to
switch in a BIG bleeder resistor when the AC power is shut off. I'm
happy with my fans!

HTH

Alan KM6VV