CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] parallel interface

on 2002-05-24 12:20:53 UTC
Hi Hugo,

While the breakout boxes are nice, you really don't need them, IMO. I
use removable pin DB25 connectors all the time, and route the signal
lines from the DB25 directly to the Gecko's connector blocks. The
limit, probe and Estop lines are a little more work, as you'll probably
want to hang a 1K resistor on these pins as a pull up. Hamlin or Crydon
solid state relays can be connected in the "pull down" mode on the
available control lines, for spindle, coolant, etc. Barrier strips work
good for adding additional resistors. Draw your +5 power from either a
wall wart, the PC's game port, or even a floppy drive power connector.

HTH

Alan KM6VV
P.S. If you don't have removable pin connectors (and a crimping tool),
you can use solder cup connectors as well. You can even SOLDER wires
into removable pins! This allows the pins and wires to be inserted one
at a time if necessary (with the connector mounted on the enclosure),
and routed to their destinations. Makes it MUCH easier, I think. AND,
if you get a wire to the wrong pin, it's a simple matter to remove the
pin (with a little red/white extraction tool), and insert it in the
proper position.

See the pix of my Driver/PS box in the files. Driver-P should get you
there. Or, if this link gets to you unbroken:

hugo_cnc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to order a parallel interface (break out board), to my gecko's
> 201. There a several out there (Pdmdx, sound logic, axxus), does
> anybody got some experience with them, any advise would be very
> welcome.
> Thanks
>
> Hugo

Discussion Thread

hugo_cnc 2002-05-24 10:28:00 UTC parallel interface j.guenther 2002-05-24 10:33:42 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] parallel interface Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-05-24 12:20:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] parallel interface ron ginger 2002-05-24 16:23:34 UTC Re: parallel interface Bob Campbell 2002-05-25 12:15:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] parallel interface