CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Controlling spindle, coolant from Camtronics 2A board

on 2002-05-24 13:45:44 UTC
Hi gg (?),

I just posted on using a Solid state switch, which can be controlled by
an output pin (pin 1 for example for MaxNC pinout). Simply connect (DC
side) the +V side to your +5v, and the output pin "pulls down" the low
end. No extra kit or PCB is necessary, just a few wires! A Hamlin SS
relay is visible in one of my posted pix, although not connected. I
just got around to connecting it last week!

The DC spindle motor on a new Sherline is similar to the KBIC motor
controller, which can, I believe, be remotely controlled by an external
D/A converter. TRY:

http://www.kbelectronics.com/

This is gonna require an additional board! Not much, as there are D/A
converter IC's that can be driven from a serial data stream (two pins on
the parallel port). It WILL take software to do this! I hope to
incorporate this into my controller project, and it might be added to
TurboCNC (hint).

HTH

Alan KM6VV