CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sychronizing 2 motors?

on 2002-06-11 16:54:27 UTC
Hi Mark,

Do you need to do this all the time? Or just occasionally? Do you have
two drivers? Two limit switches in series? The limit sw's "open" in a
limit condition? I'm guessing you're driving both drivers from the same
step/dir lines?

So what I'd suggest is putting a 3PDT switch in the step & dir lines (2
poles) of each driver. The 3rd circuit (it's a 3 pole switch) is to
"bypass" (short) the limit sw for that motor. Thus it bypasses the
limit switch, while disconnecting the first two circuits, the step and
dir lines.

We now have a means to disable a motor and it's respective limit switch
(either motor.

This will allow you to run both until one home switch activates, then
open it's 3PDT switch to turn off step/dir and "bypass" it's limit
switch.

Then move again until the 2nd motor homes.

Restore 3PDT switch to it's "normal" position, and you should be in
business!

HTH

Alan KM6VV

rmtuckeruk wrote:

> Hmmmm
> Does anybody know how to solve the following problem.
> I am building a flatbed router with 2 motors driving the x axis.
> how do i synchronize the two motors when homeing the x axis
> i know this can be done through the software ie,
>
> send both motors home
> when motor 1 reaches switch then stop
> until motor 2 reaches home then stop
> the two motors (axis) would be in the same position.
>
> the problem with this is it has to be written into the
> software,because as far as i can see none of the popular progs has
> this facility (emc,turbocnc,master5).
>
> or is their another way round this ie via electronics
>
> thanx
> mark

Discussion Thread

rmtuckeruk 2002-06-11 15:46:23 UTC Sychronizing 2 motors? JanRwl@A... 2002-06-11 16:31:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sychronizing 2 motors? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-06-11 16:54:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sychronizing 2 motors?