CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anilam Conversion ( was Digest 2382)

Posted by Larry Ragan
on 2002-07-02 10:49:33 UTC
There is a slight hunting on the x and y axis. The handles move back
slightly upon reaching a stop(about 2 or 3 thou on the dial). I have not put
an indicatior on to see if the table is actually moving. I am currently
using Master5 CNC as the control and with the changes in this program have
not had a lot of time to investigate the details, but I am satisfied that
this was the best approach for my needs

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Bachman [mailto:bobach@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 6:50 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anilam Conversion ( was Digest 2382)

Larry,

I have a Supermax mill with what sounds like the same Anilam Crusader II
control. The
control is gone but the servo amps, motors, ps, and scales are OK. I have
been
considering the Gecko 340 drivers but I'm concerned about the lost motion
between
leadscrews and the linear table scales might cause excess hunting of the
motors.
Have you had this problem?

Bob

At 10:02 AM 6/26/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I have just about completed converting an old Anilam Crusade servo system
>a pc based system. I used Gecko 340 drivers, the old power supply (I used
>variac to drop the voltage from 90v to 75vdc), and the original servo
>motors. The motors have a tach output which I am not using and the Anilam
>linear scales which I am using for the encoder input to the Gecko. I am
>using MasterCNC for the control wich will give me 4 axis capability. It
has
>been a learning experience to say the least but I am at a point where I am
>ready to start cutting again. I would not hesitate using this approach on
>another system. The Gecko's work very well and make the transition to a pc
>based control almost painless. If you need higher voltage control check
out
>rutex.com

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]
bill,
List Mom