CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off

on 2002-07-09 09:33:22 UTC
The PMDX-120 would be ideal for the application IF he does
use Master5 for software.

Caution is advised for those who wish to use EMC to run
steppers. The current structure of the EMC software will
not allow the misc. non-realtime I/O to be on the same
parallel port as the stepper drivers. This is expected
to be rectified, but at present it will prevent a nice
clean single parallel port setup using the PMDX-120 and
the current EMC software to run stepper motors or step
servos.

Regards,
Steve Stallings
www.pmdx.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Ray Henry <rehenry@u...> wrote:

> I've used the PMDX-120 on my Grizz mill since Steve introduced
them. I
> really like it! Does everything I need and then some. Nice layout
and easy
> to use once you figure out that stack of dip switches.
>
> Ray
>
> >    From: "Peter Homann" <peter.homann@a...>
> <s>
> > Since your using Gecko's, the PMDX-120 seems like a reasonable
way to go.
> > Although I haven't used one, only seen the site at
> > http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-120/index.html

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2002-07-09 06:49:01 UTC Re: RE: Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off stephen_stallings 2002-07-09 09:33:22 UTC Re: Help implementing spindle & coolent on/off