CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Steppermod vs freqmod

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-07-17 11:59:58 UTC
TimS

Steppermod is older and exhibits a bit more jitter. It can also spit out
more pps than can freqmod so it might make an axis go faster. If they
both work, pick the one that lets the motors run the quietest. You might
need to fiddle with axis PID tuning a bit with freqmod.

Glad to hear of your success.

Ray

>    From: "Tim & Heather Smith" <thdsmith@...>
> Subject: Steppermod vs freqmod
>
> Hi people,
>
> Would someone mind explaining the practical differences between
> Steppermod & Freqmod when running stepper motors via step/direction.
>
> I have both versions (bdi install) setup on my mill and I can't really
> notice any difference in performance.
> What is the advantage of one over the other. I understand that freqmod
> uses more PC resourses.
>
> Just curious, as both seem to work OK.
>
> Thanks
>
> TimS

Discussion Thread

Tim & Heather Smith 2002-07-17 02:07:43 UTC Steppermod vs freqmod Jon Elson 2002-07-17 10:19:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Steppermod vs freqmod Ray Henry 2002-07-17 11:59:58 UTC Re: Steppermod vs freqmod