CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help Wanted - Fanuc

art_serv wrote:

> I need help to identify pinouts on Fanuc drives and encoders for
> control conversion. The drives are A06B-6047-H002s on all axes.
> Encoders are A860-0300-T002 2500P. Drives and motors are good but
> the OM-A control is dead and seriously obsolete anyway. I want to
> put a PC based control on this machine, but without connection data
> it is tough to do. Any help would be very much appreciated.

From that vintage, it is most likely DC brush motors with DC tachs,
and from the label, it sounds like 2500 cycle/rev shaft encoders.
With sufficient searching on the web, you might be able to come up
with pinouts for the connectors, voltages, etc. Don't assume the encoders
are +5 V and TTL output. They could very well be 15 V input and
analog or 15 V open-collector output. These can still be connected to
modern encoder counters with minimal circuitry.

If the servo drives still are in working condition (and are of a performance
level that is still useful) then you could save some trouble by using them.
If not, Copley Controls makes some relatively inexpensive servo amps that
should drive the motors.

art_serv 2002-07-27 08:15:42 UTC Help Wanted - Fanuc Jon Elson 2002-07-27 21:27:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help Wanted - Fanuc Fedia 2002-07-28 23:50:42 UTC Help Wanted - Fanuc