CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: More Parallel Port Woe's -- I think?

on 2002-08-06 22:10:35 UTC
Mike,

With no step pulses coming to the driver, the motor
should sit still with perhaps a small jitter or whine
as the servo hunts between encoder counts. Is the
motor turning slowly, or is it running flat out? If
running flat out it is most likely that the encoder
signals are phased backwards. If it is turning slowly
it may be that the Gecko is not seeing both of the
encoder phases.

Regards,
Steve Stallings

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "foleym13" <mike@t...> wrote:
> I have an old IBM laptop hooked up to a Gecko G320 which is driving
> servo motor. The motor just spins when the system is turned on. I
> am using Deskncrt as my control software. It appears that the
> software is not communicating with the driver, as jogging no effect
> on the motor. In fact when I unplug the parallel cable, nothing
> happens. I think the parallel port is not addressed properly or
not
> enabled somehow. Also, I am running in DOS mode from Windows 95.
> Does anyone have any tips on the set-up of this. In the
deskncrt.ini
> file it has 0X378 (if I recall correctly) for the parallel port
> address. Should this address be changed? Should I try running
> straight DOS? It's been a long time since I've worked with DOS, so
> I'm probably missing some basics...
>
> Thanks in advance....
>
> Mike Foley

Discussion Thread

foleym13 2002-08-06 19:43:17 UTC More Parallel Port Woe's -- I think? stephen_stallings 2002-08-06 22:10:35 UTC Re: More Parallel Port Woe's -- I think? foleym13 2002-08-08 06:10:11 UTC Re: More Parallel Port Woe's -- I think?