CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2002-08-10 12:23:22 UTC
Hi Caerbr;

Excuse me for not knowing much about flutes, but I have some configuration
questions. The last time, (some years ago), that I saw a drawing of flute
internals, the chambers were made with thin half circle pieces glued in at the
proper places, and the half circle not so blocked off, allowed air and sound
vibrations access to the entire length. Is what you're doing something similar,
or something different?

One possibility that comes to mind would be to use the kind of old, primitive,
predecessor to a horizontal mill I've heard called a shaper. Find out the exact
size chambers you want, make a rotating cutter blade to suit, jam the wood up
against it to make one half of the flute, do it again for the other, glue them
together, and you have your internal chambers. All that's left would be to spin
it up in a lathe for the external shape/size, and drill the holes.

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead, LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

caerbr 2002-08-09 22:29:29 UTC internal contouring with cnc Marcus & Eva 2002-08-10 07:52:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc Peter 2002-08-10 07:53:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc Ian W. Wright 2002-08-10 07:58:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc Doug Harrison 2002-08-10 08:36:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc Bill Vance 2002-08-10 12:23:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc Jon Elson 2002-08-10 13:40:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc kdoney_63021 2002-08-10 14:03:15 UTC Re: internal contouring with cnc doug98105 2002-08-10 14:58:01 UTC Re: internal contouring with cnc bjammin@i... 2002-08-11 04:11:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc Brian 2002-08-12 06:59:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] internal contouring with cnc