CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: translucent insulation

Posted by High Tech
on 2002-08-24 14:40:54 UTC
Your right Lee I misread your original post. Does it have a UL # on the
jacket? Sounds like it could be audio or alarm cable. If they are stranded
and are same or bigger than the motor wires it will probably work ok. The UL
# will give you the voltage specs and temp rating.
Derek B.
High Tech Systems
Denver, Co.

-----Original Message-----
From: andrewyslee

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "High Tech" <hightechsystems@a...> wrote:

> I believe what you are talking about is PVC or TFE Teflon
insulation. This
> is used on wire or cable that will be pulled though metal conduit.
It helps
> protect the cable or wires for abrasion and cuts also increased the
> temperature the cable can handle. PVC jacketed cable can handle
anywhere
> from 80C to 105C where as Teflon can go up to 200C. Teflon is a lot
harder
> to cut also.

Hi Derek,

Don't know if I am misreading the above, but it seems for pulling
thro conduit the teflon need to be the outermost insulation. These
cables are like normal grey cables, with 4 separately insulated
stranded wires inside the grey outer insulation. Of the 4 separately
insulated stranded wires, 2 are "translucent" while the other 2 are
red and black.

lee

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for OT

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]
bill,
List Mom