CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dynamics research DRO

Posted by LEW BEST
on 2002-08-29 05:10:55 UTC
Thanks Jon

I did open up the one that doesn't work; found a bunch of swarf in it.
Plan to do some "real cleaning" on it but haven't yet. Reason for
questions now is I wanted to start looking for more scales anyway as
would like to have at least 3; just have 2 now.

On the scale (glass I think) itself there's the number 500 stamped
(which I assume means 500 lines per inch; also from the model number).
It has an led plus what appears to be a photo cell. At a glance there
are no other noticeable electronics.

The display has a mfg date of (I think if I recall right) 1976. This
came off an old non-working huge non-working horizontal mill talked to
the scrap buyer at the sale; told him I'd try to buy it and give it to
him if he wouldn't bid against me as I had no way to move it if he'd let
me remove the DRO & mist coolant system and he said OK. Gave $37.50 for
it. Guess I'm lucky anything works! Only controls are on/off and reset
(or zero; don't recall terminology). If you slide the working scale
back & forth the reading just keeps adding.

I'll shoot some pix today; should I send them to you direct or post to a
"section?" As I recall there's been talk of the files, photo or
something on this list filling up.

Only reason I'm on this list is occasionally there's some real
interesting info; most is WAY over my head! :)

Lew