CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dynamics research DRO

Posted by LEW BEST
on 2002-08-29 17:23:12 UTC
Hi Guys

Great news! The DRO now works on 2 Axis. Guess I wasn't watching close
enough yesterday (was in a hurry) but it does change directions; has 4
decimal places. The "bad" scale just quivered the 4th decimal place a
little when plugged into x or y; z gives strange symbols regardless
whether anything is plugged into it or not.

There was the sliding part of the z scale with this (just the part with
the led's and photo cells) so I looked at it and there was a wire broken
off. I managed to solder it back (quite a chore; my electronics days go
back to vacuum tubes and wiring, not this ultra mini stuff) and put it
on the scale instead of the original "slider" and x & y work!

Plan to put I on my lathe; if I can find 2 more scales cheap I'll put
them on the mill and use one of those cheapo quill dro's I've seen on
eBay for the other axis.

Anyway thanks for the responses; if anyone runs across some scales I
could use with this on the mill please let me know!

Lew