CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: machine zero

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-08-30 09:07:08 UTC
Mariusz

I don't know about any of the other cnc packages that we use but those
based on the EMC can offset that machine zero position using values from
the ini file. It does not have to be the position where the encoder
index pulse and/or home switch say that home is.

Again with the EMC you can access that machine based position using g53
in each program block where you want it. If you do not use g53 then the
interpreter defaults to g54 or whatever coordinate system that you set
parameter 5220 to point at.

Ray

>    From: "cadcamcenter" <cadcamcenter@...>
> Subject: Re: machine zero
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Mariusz Bukowski" <mr.bukowski@w...>
>
> wrote:
> > Would You explain me how does work machine zero? I mean non
>
> relative zero
>
> > point. There is some hardware solution?
> >
> > Regards
> > Mariusz
>
> Say, if you have home switches at the x-, y- z- and the machined is
> homed - that would be the machine zero for that machine.

Discussion Thread

Mariusz Bukowski 2002-08-30 00:26:38 UTC machine zero cadcamcenter 2002-08-30 04:17:18 UTC Re: machine zero Ray Henry 2002-08-30 09:07:08 UTC Re: Re: machine zero