CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Use a scope to determine overvoltage needed for stepper motors

Tim Goldstein wrote:

> From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
>
> Walter,
>
> I hear your comment
> > Buying a scope is very interesting and is a great troubleshooting tool.
>
> I am actively considering getting a scope even though I am electronically
> challenged. I have no clue what I should consider as required features. From
> shopping around it seems that buying a used one will give me the most bang
> for the buck. Can you give any advice on shopping for a scope, what I should
> look for, what I should avoid?

For analyzing servo systems, especially, or any transient phenomena, a
digital storage scope is infinitely more useful at capturing one shot events
and holding them on the screen for your study.

I have a Link DSO-2102M, which is a little pod that attaches to the
parallel port of a PC. I got it for $695, I think. They have a cheaper
model for $595, I think. It has been VERY useful for servo setup, and
a number of other things that were one-shot type events.

Contact:
Link Instruments
369 Passaic Ave., suite 100
Fairfield, NJ 07004

Phone: 201-808-8990
Fax: 201-808-8786

Software can also be downloaded from our website
http://www.LinkInstruments.com

Jon Elson 2000-01-28 12:50:37 UTC Re: Use a scope to determine overvoltage needed for stepper motors Ian Wright 2000-01-28 14:34:50 UTC Re: Use a scope to determine overvoltage needed for stepper motors Jon Elson 2000-01-29 00:13:50 UTC Re: Use a scope to determine overvoltage needed for stepper motors John Beidl 2000-01-29 06:32:31 UTC Re: Use a scope to determine overvoltage needed for stepper motors