CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] "step and repeat " with Flashcut

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-09-03 19:51:37 UTC
FlashCut pretty much "flies" with the thought that you have a Cam Program to create your toolpaths where you want them, so no Step and Repeat function exists in the 16 bit version. I'd be curious as
to how you are creating your code now, and if you can't just "draw" additional parts in locations you want them to be.

If you are using their DXF import options, the only really new things there, will allow you to automatically install commands at start, end, or before or after any "feature".

Unfortunately, The new version of Flashcut to my knowledge will not support a "step and repeat" function either, at least not in the first release. That is not to say it couldn't appear rather
quickly in an enhanced release as the new base code will allow for much easier additions to the program.

The new version, would allow you to use the newly added "reference" points which are locations you type in and execute with a simple G30 PX ( up to 20 are available). You could reset part Zero after
each reference point move. But, that would be quite a bit of work.........

Peter's Process of "Cut and Paste" using relative moves is probably easier.

If your stuck with hand coding of some sort, it might even be easier to have someone backplot your code into their Cam Program, then place them for you and send back the code.

Chris L