CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servos with a gecko 340 HELP

Posted by jeffdavis516
on 2002-09-06 21:09:04 UTC
Hi Darrel,

You did find the group that has all the correct answers. I may only
know a few of them. The drives from Gecko do take step and direction
signals. Controllers like CNCPro, Master5, Mach1 will work with the
Gecko drives. I am using CNCPro with the G320's on my Enco CNC
conversion.

Someone else will need to take your question about missing steps.

You should be able to purchase one of the listed programs and hook up
a cable to your printer port on the PC and select the correct pins to
send the step and direction signals to your Gecko drives.

Don't worry Darrel, this group will have you up and running in no
time.

Jeff Davis
http://www.homecnc.info

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "ticutter" <browzer@i...> wrote:
> First off I dont know S**T From Shinola about drives.
>
> I have a few questions?
>
> 1. Can a step and drirection controller run a drive like this
without
> any problems?
> 2. I was told that the way max_nc drives there servo unit it loses
> few steps when two axis are ran together . I dont understand... Why
> is this? This would cause parts to be bad?
> 3. I was told the de-tuning the freq of one axis from the SOFTWARE
> SIDE
> will correct this problem. Is this correct?
> HOW THE HELL DO I DO THIS IF IT NEEDS TO BE DONE????????? I have
not
> experience with anything that even gets close to this. I make
parts.
> I can do that. How will I know If I loose steps without the test
> equip to make the tests? IS there an simple way a old fart like me
> can do this ...
>
> 4. IF I want to switch control programs say to another step and
> direction program like cncpro mach1 master5 ect what will happen?
> I have the pin outs. But I was told it will not work.
>
> 5. What do I have to do on my end to make it work.
>
> I tried to make these question as direct as as posible so I can get
> answers that dont have hidden pitfalls. Anotherwords.. yes you can
is
> not the answer that I would like to have (not getting cocky here(.
> I just want to know if I can change controllers and end up with a
> machine that does all the right things? Like not loose steps ect.
>
> Thanks for the help in advance . I feel I have found the right
group
> to address this problem with..
>
> Darrel
>

> Thanks

Discussion Thread

ticutter 2002-09-06 17:22:28 UTC Servos with a gecko 340 HELP jeffdavis516 2002-09-06 21:09:04 UTC Re: Servos with a gecko 340 HELP