CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2002-09-09 10:34:23 UTC
Message: 24
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 14:12:20 -0000
From: "motoproto" <alleven@...>
Subject: Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics

I recently bought three DM 2800 mills, and I'd like to retrofit the
machines for PC control instead of learning how to use the somewhat
obscure Dyna controller. So far, the only "plug and play" retrofit
kit I've found is by Ah-ha!. Does anyone know of other retrofits
available? Can anyone give first hand accounts of experiences with
Ah-ha!, either good or bad?

TIA,

Patrick

Hi Patrick;

[You could check out the retrofit kits from Flashcut. They offer servo and
stepper models, and their software runs under Windows. It is "plug and
play". See www.flashcutcnc.com for details. Let me know if you'd like a
discount. How big is a DM 2800? It seems like Dyna makes some pretty nice
mills- I bet they aren't close to cheap, though (at least when new).]

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com

Discussion Thread

motoproto 2002-09-09 07:12:24 UTC Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics Andrew Werby 2002-09-09 10:34:23 UTC Re: Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics Chuck Hackett 2002-09-09 11:50:37 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics