CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics

Posted by Chuck Hackett
on 2002-09-09 11:50:37 UTC
> From: motoproto [mailto:alleven@...]
>
> I recently bought three DM 2800 mills, and I'd like to retrofit the
> machines for PC control instead of learning how to use the somewhat
> obscure Dyna controller. So far, the only "plug and play" retrofit
> kit I've found is by Ah-ha!. Does anyone know of other retrofits
> available? Can anyone give first hand accounts of experiences with
> Ah-ha!, either good or bad?
>
> TIA,
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I run AHHA Artisan with their RC-500 driver box (I call Artisan the
'controller', I guess some people call the RC-500 the controller but it just
contains the driver cards and power supply).

Mine is a home shop application and I think they have provided me a lot of
'bang for the buck', especially if you want all the electronics in a box,
ready to go.

They have been good to me over the years. I now have their stuff
controlling a lathe and an Enco 9x42 mill (using the one 6 amp RC-500, both
home conversions) and I'm in the process of doing a Bridgeport Series I with
a 12 amp RC-500.

If you have specific questions let me know on or off list. I don't run it
every day but I've been using it for at least 6 years.

No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Cheers,

Chuck Hackett
"Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment"
7.5" gauge Union Pacific Northern (4-8-4) 844
Railroad: Camp Creek Railroaders, Waverly, Nebraska, USA (3000', 7.5")
Home: Elkhorn, Nebraska (just west of Omaha)

Discussion Thread

motoproto 2002-09-09 07:12:24 UTC Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics Andrew Werby 2002-09-09 10:34:23 UTC Re: Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics Chuck Hackett 2002-09-09 11:50:37 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Retrofits for Dyna Mechtronics