CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Archives and EMC

Posted by Ray Henry

Well I guess we BDI distributors have been put in our place although I
suspect that is not what you intended.

Yes the howto pages are included with both versions of the BDI. Beyond
that Paul has included an index.html on the BDI 2.+ series that allows
you to gain web browser access to all of the Red Hat install software
from the CD itself. If you are using that system all you need to do is
pop the CD into the drive and click on the CD icon and you will see that
cover page. If you want to read it with that other os and it's browser
just point IE at the cdrom.

Now to the dual boot task at hand, I'd like to add one additional
suggestion. SE has a bad habit of wanting all of the drive space
available. And when it installs itself it places some essential files on
the very end of the partition so that the hard drive bloat shrinking
software doesn't work well with it.

I'd suggest that you remove one hard drive and reinstall SE. Once you
have that os where you'd like it to be, make a floppy boot disk for it.

Add the second drive and boot from the BDI cd. It will remind you that
it plans to erase all data on all disks but you do not have to believe
it.

Ray

>    From: Jon Elson <elson@...>
> Subject: Re: Archives and EMC
<s>
> The real Linux distribution CDs (Red Hat, Mandrake, etc.) have HOWTO
> files on them.  These may not be included on the BDI CDs.  Some of
> these HOWTO files have VERY detailed instructions on getting specific
> dual-boot configurations to work.  These include the exact sequence of
> install steps for both installs.

Discussion Thread

P. J. Hicks 2002-09-10 09:30:20 UTC Archives and EMC Jon Elson 2002-09-10 22:33:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Archives and EMC Ian W. Wright 2002-09-11 03:00:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Archives and EMC Lee Studley 2002-09-11 14:01:16 UTC Hardware dual boot method... Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-09-11 14:08:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hardware dual boot method... Emory Smith 2002-09-11 15:17:06 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hardware dual boot method... Ray Henry 2002-09-12 06:14:20 UTC Re: Re: Archives and EMC