CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: screening

Posted by JJ
on 2002-09-24 17:33:07 UTC
Put heatshrink on the cable.
Strip back a suitable amount of insulation, then trim the braid to about
1/2"
Strip a (separate) piece of wire long enough to go around the cable,
plus some to on itself. Wrap it around the cable just past the
insulation, and around the braid. Wrap the end of the wire to the other
part of the wire, forming a loop around the braid.
Fold the braid back around the wire and pull it away from the inner
wires.
Solder all the way around being careful not to melt the inner wires.
Aluminum foil might help here, but I haven't had a problem.
Trim the excess braid.
Pull the heat shrink down and heat shrink.

Another kind of anal thing I like to do is strip all the wires a little
longer than needed, pull them into their respective positions (red on 1,
blue on 2 or whatever), and trim them straight across . This keeps the
wires on the outside from banjo-stringing, and the inner ones from
pooching. Adjust accordingly for the position of the cable, left, right,
center, what have you.

That's what I would do.

Regards,
JJ

Be Kind, Be Careful, Be Yourself

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]