CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 1st of many home-built CNC

on 2000-01-31 18:03:40 UTC
Joe, Corel Draw and Danplot work together for shape cutting
machines. You may also look at this site for a nesting program.

http://members.aol.com/gcodenestr/index.htm

Steve Carlisle

----------
From: Joe Vicars <jvicars@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 1st of many home-built CNC
Date: Monday, January 31, 2000 7:31 AM

From: Joe Vicars <jvicars@...>

Greetings,
I am new to this list and hope to be able to contribute and benifit. I
am building a 2 axis (rotary/linear) plasma cutter.
The Mechanicals are 99% complete and I am getting ready to implement the
controls. I am using surplus steppers and drivers, and
trying to decide on which software controller to use (freeware or what?).
Drivers are Anaheim unipolar bi-level with integrated
power supply. Motors are old unipolar slo-syn (180 step/rev.)
I have hooked everything up and jogged the motors using DanCad. But
DanCad will not let me import the complex toolpaths I
need to get the desired results. (getting from .dxf to G-Code) I am not
an electircal guy. I have built several machines but
this is the first NC.
I am worried about a couple of things and was hoping to get some input
that may help me prevent any damage to my equipment.
Number one is the HF of the plasma. I am using a Lincloln Pro-Cut 55.
I am worried that the firts time I fire up the
plasma arc that the controls will go haywire. Do I have to physically
separate the machinery from the computer? Sheilding or
what?
Number two is the multiple solenoid switching. I have three separate
solenoids for automatic chuck, bar feed, and plasma
trigger. I plan to use solid state relays (logic triggered) and AC
solenoids. I also understand that activating a solid state
relay is not a simple as just hooking +5 and COM.
So far I have copies or demos of DeskNC, ProCAM, DanCad, Stepster, and
Practical CNC (P_CNC_D) I really don't care which
controller I use and I am willing to pay a few bucks if the shareware can't
do the job. Any reccomendations on where to go with
controllers?
Any suggestions or experience would be a great help.
Thanks.
Joe Vicars

Dan Mauch wrote:

> From: "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...>
>
> I had one other customer run into this problem. It was a solder bridge
under
> the socket. There should only be continuity with the Chips removed
between
> pins 18 and 19.
> bet that is the problem
>
> Dan
> --

> GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
> Intro APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.
Here</a>

> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 2.9 percent
Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.
Here</a>