CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: antibacklash nut concept for mini mills...thoughts??

Posted by mart_wid
on 2002-09-28 03:55:26 UTC
Greetings,
Yes it is a good idea and it will work - I know because I have one
on my Harrison M250 lathe - standard fitting to remove backlash from
the cross-slide assembly.

All the best, Martin.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Kayla Sanders" <tattoos4unme@y...>
wrote:
> do you guys think this would work?
> all you would have to doto impliment this concept is to either use
> a set screw or long bolt long enough to screw into the existing
hole
> that locks the nut in place, and that would also go into the brass
> nut and apply pressure against the back section of the nut(this
> would ensure that the nut will not turn,and get rid of the
backlash
> all in one shot), seperating the nut in the middle ,eliminating
the
> backlash. or use a set screw in the nut and tighten it through the
> existing threaded hole in the saddle.
> personally, i like the first one because it takes care of two
birds
> with one stone.
> you can adjust it as it wears the threads, to compensate.
>
> the image of what im talking about is in the photos section,
> titled "No backlash nut.jpg"
> tell me what you think please

Discussion Thread

Kayla Sanders 2002-09-28 01:00:37 UTC antibacklash nut concept for mini mills...thoughts?? mart_wid 2002-09-28 03:55:26 UTC Re: antibacklash nut concept for mini mills...thoughts?? Jon Elson 2002-09-28 22:29:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] antibacklash nut concept for mini mills...thoughts?? dazedNconfused 2002-09-29 00:08:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] antibacklash nut concept for mini mills...thoughts??