CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] antibacklash nut concept for mini mills...thoughts??

on 2002-09-29 00:08:01 UTC
I thought about the spring loaded idea but i dont want
to make any major mods to my mill. i was hoping to get
rid of the backlash without milling out a hole in the
saddle large enough for a spring loaded nut. without
the mill in one peice icant do anything as i dont have
access to another mill to do so.
i have DRO's but am wanting to convert to cnc without
the overwhelming cost of ballscrews to get rid of
backlash. guess i will have to give Ebay a visit.

thanks for the suggestion though