CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to raise and lower head without losing x and y?

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-09-30 19:36:54 UTC
I have not followed this thread very well, but, if you DO need to "glue" metal to metal dependably, You can rely on good old Loctite 609 ! Just don't glue any metal parts together that you might
want to take apart someday ! Stuff sticks pretty good ! Works excellent for holding Rack to framework.

I once put a bevel Gear back onto a shaft that had a really worn keyway. The gear was not bad, but the shaft keyway was cooked !

I could not find a new shaft, so I put in a new key and glued it all up with 609. 4 hours later, a dealer DID find a shaft buried in his inventory. So I went and picked it up. Now, 5 hours after the
Shaft and Gear were glued up, I couldn't for the life of me get the gear pressed off, even in our 20 ton press !!! I had to very gently heat things up before it would move.

Made me a believer !

Chris L

(the above shaft was on a... well,,, er,,, Ok, I give ! It was on Simplicity bevel gear box..... Ya that's it.. had nuthin' to do with CNC. I like tractors too...... so sue me)