CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gecko Reset/Manager Again

Posted by alan@s...
on 2002-10-07 09:20:33 UTC
On 7 Oct, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> Well the circuit is up and running. But a noticed only 3.51 volts on
> the ERROR pins. Mariss states a voltage lower than 3.25 will fault the
> drives ( pull all to 0 volts ). I thought I should see at least 5
> volts here. .25 volts is cutting it close. Had some random faults ,
> mostly during PC boot up. Anyone build this circuit, does it work
> correctly ??

I built a different reset circuit, using a microcontroller, and had a
few problems with my circuit with SOME Geckos. The problem turned
out to be noise on the reset pin. Most Geckos worked fine, but others
were noisy enough to inadvertently trigger the logic.

I ended up fixing it in software. ( Rather than trigger on a falling
edge, I watch for a continuous low level longer than 10 ms )

If you have a storage scope, it's easy to determine if this is your
problem.

Alan

--

Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number of the
Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.

Discussion Thread

dakota8833 2002-10-06 17:26:51 UTC Gecko Reset/Manager Again Ray Henry 2002-10-07 05:24:52 UTC Re: Gecko Reset/Manager Again dakota8833 2002-10-07 06:08:25 UTC Re: Gecko Reset/Manager Again alan@s... 2002-10-07 09:20:33 UTC Re: Gecko Reset/Manager Again