CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] someone help me please..........

Kayla Sanders wrote:

> does anyone see me having any problems only using the ballnut and
> the thrust bearings on the motor mount side for attaching the
> ballscrew assembly??

I can't comment on the rest, as I did a Bridgeport. But, i can tell you that
supporting only one end of a ballscrew, as long as it is fairly short, is a pretty
common setup. I know the factory Bridgeport CNC machines built on the
smaller, Series-I frame, are built this way, as are all other machines that
are built on the Series-I iron, or clones of it. There is no place on the
rear of the knee to place a bearing for the back end of the ballscrew.
As long as you get everything lined up well, so that the nut is not cocking
the ballscrew to one side (or up and down) as it moves, there will be no problem,
as long as the screw is of sufficient diameter so that it resists bowing when
under compression. This may force you to use a screw one size larger
to get it stiff enough.

Kayla Sanders 2002-10-07 23:25:06 UTC someone help me please.......... Jon Elson 2002-10-08 11:00:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] someone help me please.......... Deon Styger 2002-10-10 00:26:15 UTC RE: someone help me please..........