CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: someone help me please..........

Posted by Deon Styger
on 2002-10-10 00:26:15 UTC
Kayla,

Unless I don't understand you correctly, I think that this is an impractical
solution. Look at it this way :

In your standard mill the nut is attached to the centre of the saddle. This
nut is also in the centre of the leadscrew when the saddle is at the centre
of its travel. This gives you a total possible saddle movement equal to the
length of your leadscrew (half a leadscrew length in each direction).

Moving the point of attachment to the far end of screw travel (left-hand
side) means that when your saddle is travelling to the right, the nut will
be at the centre of the leadscrew when the saddle reaches it limit of
travel.

On the other hand, movement to the left will be restricted because the nut
is already at the far left-hand end to begin with. This means that you will
need a longer than normal length of leadscrew to enable your saddle to
travel to its left limit. This extra length will be protruding unprotected
from your machine.

Unless of course I didn't understand your proposition correctly.

Regards,
Deon Styger.

Ps: A friendly word of advise: Typing everything in lowercase makes your
message more difficult to read. This is called "whispering" as opposed to
"SHOUTING". A lot of people ignore messages typed entirely in either upper-
or lowercase. You might get a better response next time if you take this
advise to heart :-)