CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Pro -- was Maxnc

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-10-11 15:27:50 UTC
Pro probably refers to the software's capability rather than any self
percieved operator status but I think that we might want to reverse this
way of labeling things. For example I've often thought that what I
really need is a crashproof cnc controller. I'd want it named something
like EMC-newbie or Maxnc-newbie. Maybe a bunch of popup widgets that ask
things like, "Did you write this g-code yourself?" Please select your
answer from the following button set.

-- Yes, wanna make something of it? --
-- Yes. Do you have some suggestions? --
-- No, I used Vector. Please send this file to Fred at Imserv --
-- Abort --
-- Shut down --

Or it might ask something more specific like "Are you absolutely certain
that you want to rapid this tool 3 inches into the back jaw of the vice?

-- Yes absolutely please obey my instructions without sniveling --
-- yes I have my shatterproof glasses and kevlar suit in place --
-- Yes but wait until I duck --
-- not certain --
-- ask again later (after another brew) --
-- No please abort that move --"

The word Pro does trigger a state of mind doesn't it!

Ray

>    From: "semenoff" <semenoff@...>
> Subject: Maxnc
<s> I'm suspicious
> of any controller software with "pro" in the name,

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2002-10-11 15:27:50 UTC Re: Pro -- was Maxnc dakota8833 2002-10-11 18:48:42 UTC Re: Pro -- was Maxnc