CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Thanks to Bill and the list

on 2002-10-12 16:58:03 UTC
Cool....a fellow Shizuoka person. I just got a B-3V bed mill, but I
used a ANS Shizuoka knee mill at my old job. Does yours have box
ways? These are rock solid mills! I don't think you would have much
better with a bridgeport...you could MAKE a bridgeport on my bed mill.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "marksteamnz" <pav@x> wrote:
> A note of thanks to one and all.
> I have, after over 3 years of reading, planning web searching and
> having fool questions answered, a CNC mill installed at home and
I'm
> making chips (nervously). All the advice and reading finally
> convinced me that a comercially converted mill with local (Auckland
> New Zealand) suport was the best route for me.
> So I have a 10 year old Shizuoka knee mill with a M15 Centoid
> controller and motor retro fit. CAD is Solidworks 11 with CAM by a
> the demo version of Stlworks (Nice program Fred I promise I'll buy
> it, as even I can understand it).
> I realise I could have saved significant $ buying and importing a
> used Bridgeport, doing my own conversion and using a lower cost CAD
> Solid modeller but the frustation stomach ulcer factor was to high
> for me. I'm really letting the computer do the thinking sort of
> person.
> Thanks to all those who unknowingly asked questions that I should
> have and all the answers from the knowledgable.
> Thanks Bill, Tim, John S, Jon, Fred, Roland, Chris C, Chris L,
> Ballendo, Andrew W and the dozens of other who got me to where I am
> now.
> The first real steel item? A bracing plate for the brake master
> cylinder on my home built sports car. I'm going to weld it in this
> weekend, I just had to admire for the last three days <BG>.
> If anyone has questions about my unit feel free to ask.
> Thanks everyone
> Mark Stacey

Discussion Thread

marksteamnz 2002-10-12 14:01:51 UTC Thanks to Bill and the list skykotechnologies 2002-10-12 16:58:03 UTC Re: Thanks to Bill and the list Marv Frankel 2002-10-12 23:41:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Thanks to Bill and the list marksteamnz 2002-10-13 22:00:39 UTC Re: Thanks to Bill and the list