CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial

Posted by Dan Statman
on 2002-10-12 17:00:17 UTC
I realize that this is not a simple constant radius type of shape, and that
is the heart of my problem with Vector. I guess it really is not a problem
with Vector, but since that is my only CAD program it falls in Vector's lap.

I have spent the last hour or so this afternoon re-reading the Vector
manual, and I must admit that it is MUCH clearer now. I think when I first
read it I had not had enough experience with the program to grasp everything
covered. Now that I have played with it (and successfully made many parts,
although slowly), the re-read of the manual was quite enlightening.

I may just have sorted out all of my CAD problems. I am sure now I will
have some CAM issues, but I am confident it can all be worked through.

Thanks everyone,

Daniel J. Statman, Statman Designs
www.statmandesigns.com
dan.statman@...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 7:47 PM
Subject: RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial

> Dan,
>
> While the shape may seem simple, in my experience this is a hard shape
> to draw in any CAD package. The cross over and breaks are not bad, but
> the general form is a tough one as it is an organic type curve and not
> the traditional CAD form of straight lines and constant radius arcs.
> That is not to say it is not doable, but it would be much easier in
> something that supports freeform curves. Much easier in Vector NURBS
> than standard Vector and sure up the line of something like Rhino.
>
> I will be interested in hearing how users of other CAD packages would
> handle modeling this shape with it's varying radius curves and such.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Dan Statman 2002-10-11 23:08:14 UTC Vector Demo or Tutorial pressgocnc 2002-10-11 23:39:38 UTC Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial Fred Smith 2002-10-12 10:38:20 UTC Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial Dan Statman 2002-10-12 13:01:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial Tim Goldstein 2002-10-12 13:11:34 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial Dan Statman 2002-10-12 13:34:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial Tim Goldstein 2002-10-12 16:47:57 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial Dan Statman 2002-10-12 17:00:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vector Demo or Tutorial