CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Trouble with Servo controller (new box and software)

mueller914 wrote:

>Also, i get a 10v reading from the servo box "motor power" outputs
>when nothing is hooked up, the voltage drops to near zero if I leave
>my voltage reader hooked up for 30 seconds or so.
>
>Does this sound like hardware or software issues?

Why don't you connect the motors? These servo drives strive to zero out
errors. When they are turned on, they probably pick up one encoder count
from the act of turning on, and then want to move the motor one count's
distance to null out that error. but, you have them disconnected.

If I plug in the power and the encoder connectors from the motors,
nothing happens until I toggle to engage, then the motors will spin
and continue to turn until I kill the power to them. Unpluging the
encoder does no good.

But, if you have the motor connections reversed, the movement will be the
wrong way, increasing error, and you get a classic servo runaway. Try
reversing
the motor wires.

mueller914 2002-10-16 00:23:15 UTC Trouble with Servo controller (new box and software) dakota8833 2002-10-16 06:45:51 UTC Re: Trouble with Servo controller (new box and software) Jon Elson 2002-10-16 10:20:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Trouble with Servo controller (new box and software) Erik Reikes 2002-10-16 14:53:48 UTC Re: Trouble with Servo controller (new box and software)