CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing

on 2002-10-16 10:30:30 UTC

Regards,

Carlos Guillermo
VERVE Engineering & Design

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Matheson [mailto:hokianga@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 4:33 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing

I'm interested in the possibilty of fitting an automatic tool
change
mechanisim to my R8 CNC converted drill mill. My thoughts were to
use a
pneumatically activated 20 mm R8 collet that picked up tools
(mainly drills
and small slot mills ) each mounted in 20 mm diameter holders.
These would
be in a dispenser at one end of the mill table. The holders
would have a
flange of some sort at the collet end to fix the position when the
collet
was closed. Means I could only use tools up to a shank diameter
of say 16
mm but that would be enough for many jobs. All activated by a
modified
TurboCNC.

Has anyone done this sort of thing. Ive looked around the web
quite a bit
but so far haven't found too much detail on how automatic tool
changing on
commercial CNC machines is accomplished. Any leads would be
appreciated.

I don't really have to have this feature BUT what a nice toy!

Alan Matheson

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if you have trouble.

a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
wanliker@...
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@...
[Moderator]
bill,
List Mom
List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Alan Matheson 2002-10-16 08:16:31 UTC Tool changing Carlos Guillermo 2002-10-16 10:30:30 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing Peter 2002-10-16 12:50:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing Ray Henry 2002-10-16 16:20:53 UTC Re: Tool changing Raymond Heckert 2002-10-16 21:54:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing