CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing

on 2002-10-16 21:54:17 UTC
Actually, Alan, I have an ENCO quick-change adapter set
that fits the R-8 spindle of my ENCO 9 x 42. In fact, when
it looked like they were phasing them out, I bought two
more sets! They were going for, like, $699 per set, but if
you've ever used your mill for money payin' jobs, you'd see
how much Q-C is worth. The units came with a Master Holder
that accepted their fat-tapered tool holders, several sizes
of end mill holders, a set of collets & holder (I think
ER-40, 1/8 thru 1, by 1/8ths). Also, a JT-33 drillchuck
holder. Sadly, ENCO doesn't sell them anymore (I got mine
in early '90's last century, not the one before).

RayHex

----------
> From: Alan Matheson <hokianga@...>
>
> I'm interested in the possibilty of fitting an automatic
tool change
> mechanisim to my R8 CNC converted drill mill. My thoughts
were to use a
> pneumatically activated 20 mm R8 collet that picked up
tools (mainly drills
> and small slot mills ) each mounted in 20 mm diameter
holders. These would
> be in a dispenser at one end of the mill table. The
holders would have a
> flange of some sort at the collet end to fix the position
when the collet
> was closed. Means I could only use tools up to a shank
diameter of say 16
> mm but that would be enough for many jobs. All activated
by a modified
> TurboCNC.
>
> Has anyone done this sort of thing. Ive looked around the
web quite a bit
> but so far haven't found too much detail on how automatic
tool changing on
> commercial CNC machines is accomplished. Any leads would
be appreciated.

> I don't really have to have this feature BUT what a nice
toy!

> Alan Matheson

Discussion Thread

Alan Matheson 2002-10-16 08:16:31 UTC Tool changing Carlos Guillermo 2002-10-16 10:30:30 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing Peter 2002-10-16 12:50:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing Ray Henry 2002-10-16 16:20:53 UTC Re: Tool changing Raymond Heckert 2002-10-16 21:54:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool changing