CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Motors now working, but "fault" easily while jogging

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2002-10-17 07:22:23 UTC
The possible reasons that it is faulting out are:
1. The acceleration profile in your software is to fast sending pulses
to the G340 faster than it can move the motor and encoder. Try setting
the acceleration curve so it is much slower.
2. You have the gain trim pot set up too high depending on where you
have you jumpers set for X1,X2, X5 or X10. Turn your gain way down and
set the dampening trim pot to the same position. Then as you start to
increase the speed and the acceleration on the gain and trim pot until
you find the point of best performance.
3. Combination of the 1 and 2 above.

If you wired it up with all three err/res pins wired together then any
axis that faults out will fault the other two. This is the setup I
prefer because you have a better chance of saving the part. If one fuse
blows then it will also help fault the other axis fault.
Figure it will take a couple hours to adjust the trim/dampening and the
software acceleration profile.
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: mueller914 [mailto:mmueller@...]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 12:07 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Motors now working, but "fault" easily while
jogging

Background:

When I fire up the software (TurboCNC), I can manually jog the axis
until i try to jog a little faster or try to make a larger move.

The Geckos "Fault" (all three fault even though I am only moving one
motor and axis)

Thanks

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]