CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: YES !!! One axis working under TurboCNC, a few questions now..

Posted by deanc500
on 2002-10-23 20:54:03 UTC
Take your encoder line count and multiply by 4. Take this value and
multiply by your reduction ratio which is 3. Then take that number and
multiply by the tpi of your lead screw. This is then the Step per inch
number that you enter into your cam program.
Dean

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "mueller914" <mmueller@n...> wrote:
> YES !!! One axis working under TurboCNC, a few questions now..
>
> I finally hooked up a motor to my Y axis tonight and with my
> homebuilt Camtronics servo controller and TurboCNC I was able to make
> it jog back and forth.
>
> The biggest problem is that I am running a ratio of 3:1 due to the
> servo motors and the table is not moving enough when I enter a value.
>
> I thought I saw a screen to enter my drive ratios?? Am I thinking of
> another program? How do I compensate for this in the software?
>
> The machine is a Sloptask unit that I converted to ballscrews and
> will have 3 axis CNC control. Next thing to do tonight is make the
> motor bracket for the X axis. I modified the factory bracket for the
> Y and it looks like it will work fine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Mueller
> Antioch, CA

Discussion Thread

mueller914 2002-10-23 20:30:41 UTC YES !!! One axis working under TurboCNC, a few questions now.. deanc500 2002-10-23 20:54:03 UTC Re: YES !!! One axis working under TurboCNC, a few questions now.. Tim Goldstein 2002-10-23 21:39:59 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] YES !!! One axis working under TurboCNC, a few questions now.. mueller914 2002-10-23 22:30:41 UTC Re: YES !!! One axis working under TurboCNC, a few questions now..