CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

OFF TOPIC threads ( was This topic is OFF TOPIC DROP IT Possible OT vac

on 2002-10-27 05:47:53 UTC
From the CCED Home page:

"The list is aimed at the construction and use of this equipment in a
Home Shop Machinist environment."

Not chatter about neat stuff, not posts of stuff on e-bay, not the
intracies of putting a counter bore in a 2 inch hole......

construction and use of this equipment.

This seems to me to be use of the stuff needed to construct the
machines. not machine operation. Bill has posted many times that
actual parts making is better done on other lists. how to select a
drill or reemer or tap, HSS vs Cobalt vs Carbide... yadda yadda yadda.

Bill doens't jump in all that often, and 95% of the threads he asks
to stop are clearly off topic. Those 5% are interesting and machine
related, but grey enought to get bounced.

If you want to contine a thread that is getting off, BRING IT BACK ON
TOPIC by making it relavant to the machine you are building.

I think the vaccumm stuff is neat, and am interested in how to build,
enhance, design and stuff. The on topic stuff as it relates to our
building of machines.

Dave

This post if actually off topic, (2 in a week for me) so I'm going
back to lurk mode.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., glee@i... wrote:
> Bill,
>
> As a hobbyist, this topic (building a vacuum chuck for my cnc mill)
> interests me. CCED Would be the first group that I would think to
go to
> for this topic. Since you have indicated that this is OT, would
you, or
> anyone else, have any recommendations where this should be
discussed?

> Thank you and thanks for your work on this list.
>
> Eric
>

> wanliker@a...
> 10/26/2002 08:55 PM
> Please respond to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
>

> To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y...
> cc:
> Fax to:
> Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] This topic is OFF TOPIC
DROP IT Possible OT vacuum
> chuck for CNC?
>

> In a message dated 10/26/2002 9:10:21 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> motionin@a... writes:
>

> > Possible OT vacuum chuck for CNC?
>
> this topic is Off Toipic please drop it........
>
> bill
> List mom

> Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y...
>
> Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@y...
> Moderator: jmelson@a... timg@k... [Moderator]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it
> if you have trouble.

be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the
> same members are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on
the CCED
> list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

wanliker@a... 2002-10-26 20:55:57 UTC This topic is OFF TOPIC DROP IT Possible OT vacuum chuck for CNC? dodge1320 2002-10-26 21:09:22 UTC Re: This topic is OFF TOPIC DROP IT Possible OT vacuum chuck for CNC? glee@i... 2002-10-26 21:22:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] This topic is OFF TOPIC DROP IT Possible OT vacuum chuck for CNC? bjammin@i... 2002-10-27 05:05:05 UTC Possible OT vacuum chuck for CNC? turbulatordude 2002-10-27 05:47:53 UTC OFF TOPIC threads ( was This topic is OFF TOPIC DROP IT Possible OT vac