CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Machine fully running!!! now programming problems :(

on 2002-10-28 08:34:52 UTC
Congrats on finishing your conversion!

Since G40-42 aren't supported yet in TurboCNC, that might explain why
the holes came out a bit large.

I don't own a copy of Vector, so perhaps Fred Smith or one of the
Vector users on list can explain how to generate exact path NC code
from his software.

At present, I believe that EMC and Master5/Mach1 are natively
supporting radius comp if you absolutely require it for your parts.

Good luck!

Dave Kowalczyk
Everett WA

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "mueller914" <mmueller@n...> wrote:
> I finally got all 3 axis of my Shoptask servo motor CNC conversion
> finished and running properly.
>
> I tried to make a NC file using Vector to create the G codes...it
> sorta works. Basicly I want 5 holes .215 diameter and two holes .50
> square. My bit is 3/16's and using cutter comp(or trying), the
small
> holes still come out to about .320 and the large square holes
are .6+
> and one side of the square holes is not being cut, I get an upside
U.

> Also with Vector, do I have to manually enter my Z values? When I
ran
> the program, it was only one plane and I don't remember gettign
> propted to enter a depth.
>
> Does cutter comp get entered into the code or the machine?
> I see a prompt in TCNC, but I've never seen the format it is asking
> for.
>
> turbocnc is my nc driver
>
> mueller914@y...

Discussion Thread

mueller914 2002-10-27 21:40:46 UTC Machine fully running!!! now programming problems :( afogassa 2002-10-28 08:16:40 UTC Re: Machine fully running!!! now programming problems :( Dave Kowalczyk 2002-10-28 08:34:52 UTC Re: Machine fully running!!! now programming problems :( Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-10-28 12:45:53 UTC Re: Machine fully running!!! now programming problems :( Tim Goldstein 2002-10-28 12:59:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Machine fully running!!! now programming problems :(