CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dual Monitor VisualMill 4.0 problem

on 2002-11-07 08:35:40 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Peter <prenolds@s...> wrote:
Hi Peter,

I've been using dual monitors for the past 3 years and VM is the
first program that has not worked perfectly on either monitor. Yes,
I have checked for OpenGL and other issues.

I find the 2 monitor metodology excellent even more so with the trend
for electronic documentation.

I suspected I was on my own on this one, but someone on the group
might be trying the same thing.

Regards
Bernard

> Hi Bernard,
>
> I've worked with VM for several years, but never tried dual
monitors.
> I'm assuming you're running an Open-GL graphics card? Are you sure
your
> graphics card and OS are configured correctly for dual monitors?
Sorry
> for going back to basics if you've already eliminated those issues.
> Maybe you have other apps that already run with dual mon setup so
you
> know you setup is ok.. I have one 19" CRT and absoluelty no space
for a
> second monitor... My guess is that most users of VM are probably
not
> running dual monitors so you may be forging into new territory.
Good luck!

> I think this can be considered on-topic? VM is CAM.
>
> Cheers, Peter
>

> Bernard W Randall wrote:
>
> >Is anyone on the group using dual monitors with VisualMill 4.0?
> >
> >I recently took advantage of the VM/Rhino package but have found
that
> >VisualMill doesn't like working on the second monitor, the main
> >window and toolbars drag but the work area is blank. Also, if I
move
> >the shortcut to the second monitor and start the program from
there
> >then neither monitor shows a work area.
> >
> >I've taken it up with MecSoft but don't have a resolution as yet.
> >Just trying to find out if I've got an unique problem or if other
> >dual monitor users have the same problem.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Bernard Randall
> >

> >Addresses:
> >FAQ: http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> >Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y...
> >
> >Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@y...
> >Moderator: jmelson@a... timg@k... [Moderator]
> >
> >OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> >If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.
> >http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> >NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> >bill
> >List Mom
> >List Owner
> >

> >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Bernard W Randall 2002-11-07 00:54:28 UTC Dual Monitor VisualMill 4.0 problem Peter 2002-11-07 06:41:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dual Monitor VisualMill 4.0 problem Bernard W Randall 2002-11-07 08:35:40 UTC Re: Dual Monitor VisualMill 4.0 problem bschwand 2002-11-07 11:48:31 UTC Re: Dual Monitor VisualMill 4.0 problem Bernard W Randall 2002-11-08 07:22:38 UTC Re: Dual Monitor VisualMill 4.0 problem