CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Excess material

on 2002-11-08 16:10:10 UTC
In Dolphin when you select a contour in the cad side you eneter the
depth of the pocket at the bottom of the dialog box. Then when you go
into the CAM side and select a tool you enter the max depth of cut
per pass in the dialog box marked cut depth. The program will
automatically work out how many passes are needed.
If you need to leave a finishing cut on this is selected in any of
the cutting method boxes i.e. goround, pocket, area clear, as finish
XY for the sides and Finish Z for the bottom.
Any more problems don't hesitate to shout.

John S.

>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "P. J. Hicks" <hickspj467@a...> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am learning to use Dolphin and Master5 on a Sherline. Have not
really made any parts yet; been cutting air.

> Let's say you have a square block of material and want a part
machined from the central area. You create the drawing, designate the
contour(s) etc in the CAD section. You then invoke the CAM program
and generate the Gcode. This code causes the cutter to follow the
contour of the desired part. In many or even most cases there is a
lot of material outside the contour that is in way of the cutter and
interferers with the cutter's path. In other cases the code might ask
for an increasing depth or some such that would overstress the cutter
or setup. How is this handled? I am aware of the multiple cut/pass
settings but wonder about the scrap material interfereance. Thanks,
> PJH

P. J. Hicks 2002-11-07 11:08:34 UTC Excess material Peter 2002-11-07 19:37:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Excess material Raymond Heckert 2002-11-08 15:57:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Excess material stevenson_engineers 2002-11-08 16:10:10 UTC Re: Excess material cheng076 2002-11-08 19:53:15 UTC Excess material