CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Electrical enclosures?

Posted by CL
on 2002-11-13 09:23:52 UTC
rlcvds wrote:

>I've been reading though the posts have not seen any info on mounting
>the drivers and power supplies inside the PC itself…. Like most of us
>I'm limited on space and thought this would make for a much cleaner
>installation if all the electrics where housed in one case rather
>than having several. Thought I'd ask before cutting up one of my
>computer cases.
>Thanks
>Robert

I think you will be going down a road of "hit and miss".....It might,
and it might not. I have a plasma machine that I put the PC in the same
metallic NEMA 4 enclosure and I had flaky occasions. At first I thought
it was the hypertherm, but I had to explore other options first. I could
only conclude it was crosstalk and RF of sorts causing this within the
box. I had quickly found out that a PC outside of this box did work
without problems, so I removed it all. I still have a Flashcut Signal
generator inside that cabinet though, and it works fine. So, I would
conclude that in the Case of Flashcut, you could mount the Signal
generator within a driver box, OR mount their board on a 5.25 tray in
the computer itself. One of those two options will save some space.
Can't comment beyond that.

So, unless you have a degree in RF isolation, it might be awaste of
time. Just my Opinion, and I gots lots of 'em !

Chris L

Discussion Thread

rlcvds 2002-11-13 09:16:07 UTC Electrical enclosures? CL 2002-11-13 09:23:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Electrical enclosures? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-11-13 11:07:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Electrical enclosures? Robert Campbell 2002-11-13 11:23:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Electrical enclosures? CL 2002-11-13 15:22:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Electrical enclosures?