CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Solid state relay for Router with "softstart"

Posted by Jeff
on 2002-11-21 15:34:07 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I hope this isn't off topic. I just bought a new router that
> >has "softstart" My relay that opperates it is a solid state relay
> >rated at 25amps 24-330 volts AC The relay will not work now with
the
> >new router. It works fine with my other router that doesn't
> >have "softstart" I relize the softstart is the problem and if I
plug
> >something else into the outlet then it starts fine.. I suppose I
> >could just buy a new relay but am wonder if there is a way to get
> >this relay to work with the "softstart" router... Maybe a
resistor?

> The SCR (or whatever) control in the new router is drawing pulses
of
> current, then letting the
> SCRs in the SSR shut off during the gaps. You could put a "spindle
on"
> warning light on
> the machine, like the big guys, although only the deaf would likely
need
> such a device.
> A resistor, or small capacitor across the line would likely do
well, too.

> Jon

Thanks Jon..... You know I actually thought about putting a nice
flashing yellow light on it! lol but figured people would think I'm
crazier than I really am...haha.

Discussion Thread

Jeff 2002-11-21 09:02:45 UTC Solid state relay for Router with "softstart" Jon Elson 2002-11-21 10:44:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Solid state relay for Router with "softstart" Jeff 2002-11-21 15:34:07 UTC Re: Solid state relay for Router with "softstart" JanRwl@A... 2002-11-21 17:38:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Solid state relay for Router with "softstart"