CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: VisualMill Free product clarification

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-11-21 18:01:17 UTC
andyolney wrote:

>Chris -
>Don't give up quite yet! I have imported parts from Cadkey and the
>free ProEngineer Desktop Express as stl files and VisualMill seems
>to go after them pretty well. ( Disclaimer - Have not cut anything
>with it. ) You would have to get into the solid modeling world from
>2D if you are not there already but it looks like it will cut a 3d
>surface, pockets etc.
>
>Andy

I have spent a little time in ProDesktop... I guess in retrospect, They
are giving out more than just about anyone with all if the import,
export options. Impressive actually, but, draws a little different than
I'm used to. I hope to buckle down this winter and really explore just
which way I want to end up in solid modeling. Stuff I have played with,
well, you know how hard it is to get a good understanding of a program
within a 30 day demo limit. I want to spend time again in an Ashlar
product if possible. Sure fell in love with their 2d drawing techniques.

I won't give up, just wont hold my breath. It seems all developers tend
to have a little tunnel vision. I'm sure some of it is because of
copyright issues with drawing technologies. Maybe when all those patents
run out, the ultimate will show up. Of course by then I might be dead,
who knows ?

Chris L

Discussion Thread

anandjoe 2002-11-20 18:31:06 UTC VisualMill Free product clarification Chris L 2002-11-20 20:28:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VisualMill Free product clarification andyolney 2002-11-20 21:58:30 UTC Re: VisualMill Free product clarification Kory Hamzeh 2002-11-20 22:55:22 UTC Wire Gauge for Stepper Motors jeffalanp 2002-11-21 09:36:15 UTC Re: Wire Gauge for Stepper Motors JanRwl@A... 2002-11-21 11:52:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wire Gauge for Stepper Motors Kory Hamzeh 2002-11-21 14:38:35 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wire Gauge for Stepper Motors Chris L 2002-11-21 18:01:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: VisualMill Free product clarification Tim Goldstein 2002-11-21 21:55:37 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: VisualMill Free product