CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: SeriesII Quill Zaxis CNC addon ideas

Lee Studley wrote:

>Hi Eric,
>The newer SeriesII have motors(either stepper or later servo) on the
>quill like you describe. The older CNC had the drive on the knee next
>to where the Z crank handle was. It amazes me how much variation
>there is on SeriesII's.

The Series-II is just a size of the basic iron. There are about a dozen
major variants.
There is a full manual machine, manual with spindle wizard, 2-axis CNC
with spindle
wizard, 3-axis CNC with CNC knee and spindle wizard (relatively rare),
3-axis CNC
with CNC quill and manual knee with power assist, electric-eye line
tracer mill, hydraulic
pattern tracer mill, multihead tracer mills, and so on. The turret ram
came in several
variants, too. Standard was the rigid ram, which didn't allow any pan
or tilt of the head.
They also had swivels on the ram, like the manual Series-I Bridgeport
machines. And,
there was the T-ram, which could mount 3 3J heads, or up to 5 1J or 2J
heads!

(I'm probably forgetting a number of other variants, too.)

Eric Keller 2002-11-21 17:32:19 UTC Re: SeriesII Quill Zaxis CNC addon ideas Lee Studley 2002-11-21 19:17:14 UTC Re: SeriesII Quill Zaxis CNC addon ideas Tim Goldstein 2002-11-21 21:45:19 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: SeriesII Quill Zaxis CNC addon ideas Jon Elson 2002-11-21 23:19:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: SeriesII Quill Zaxis CNC addon ideas