CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Torroid Question

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-12-03 19:52:56 UTC
Wow ! Thanks for the "In-Depth" !
I can't believe it, but I found the Catalog I got them out of last year.
They were from All Electronics Corporation, the Winter 2001 catalog.
The ad states: 88VCT @ 4.5 amps (Series) or 44 Volts @ 9 amps (parallel)
Dual Secondaries
From the ad, these looked pretty good for driving a stepper system. I
purchased 3, just in case I need all of that juice.

If the bove is true, then CCED Member John Craddock May have guessed it
correctly ! Thanks John for the good news!

In any regard, because of the lousy paperwork, I think I will load these
as you suggest. I can come up with enough load I believe,, I have some
Calrods, and some other heating elements that might work.

If I understand what you are saying, "Heat", as well as watching wire
diameter, can reveal all I need to know.

Using common sense, like you indicate, keeping them cool enough to hold
your hand on for a while is good. But, "that funny smell in the air" is
may be bad !!

By the way, the wire diameter is .047". AND, I had an old website
bookmarked: http://www.epanorama.net/documents/wiring/wire_resistance.html
that may shed more light, of course I sure wouldn't have a clue how many
feet is wrapped up in these. I don't even know if that matters !

Thanks Bunches Guys !! I want to get started on another driver cabinet
before I find a machine to hang it on.

Chris L