CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ProDESKTOP Express 2001

Posted by James Stevens
on 2002-12-09 14:56:21 UTC
Mark,

I've used it off and on since it was made available. It's a very nice
package if you think in 3D. I work with some guys who design million dollar
machinery in 2D - they can't get the hang of 3D (or see the benefit!).

I previously had been using Unigraphics and SolidWorks and find ProD very
formidable. I was able to design a complex EDM electrode head assembly and
have everything mated up just like I wanted.

The detail or drawing package is VERY easy to use. I was able to import my
models into the detailing portion and rip out drawings in no time. Added a
few notes and my company logo - nice prints and quick!

This is a fantastic package if 3D modeling is what you're looking for. For
me - I couldn't go back to 2D and hope that the last D doesn't come back to
bite me.

The other nice thing is the ability to read Pro/E files. I was able to work
with another company's files which were designed on Pro/E - try doing that
with any other FREE software package.

No affiliation with PTC - just a satisfied user of their free software.

James