CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: ProDESKTOP Express 2001

on 2002-12-09 18:30:58 UTC
Rick, I think these programs are really very similar. However, for
me I just picked up DP quicker and easier. It might be totally
different for someone else. I definitely think that both of them are
very capable and great bang for da buck. I know 3D is harder to
learn than 2D but since I have time to play around with them I wanted
to see what the deal is. I'm glad I did because I think you gain a
lot by doing it in 3D. You get to actually see the finished part
before you even try to CAM it. You get to actually fit different
components together to make a complete part. When you design
something and rotate it, looking at all angles, its pretty cool. You
can even see how the different components will move, rotate etc. For
the exercise, I'm designing a new gear shifter mechanism for my car
project. I can visually see how the finished product moves, etc.
You could actually design a motor and watch it run.

It's hard to put a finger on specific things that I like better about
PD. I have only played with both of them for under a week. All I
know is that after a couple of days with each of them, I was way
further along with PD than Alibre. I'm sure a person would get
comfortable with either of these programs, it's a matter of which one
gets you there quicker. I can also see where once a person gets to
learn a program like these it becomes even more frustrating to use
something else because you inevitably relate to how "your" program
does it. Personally, I think the numerous software companies would
be smarter if they had more free starter versions because once you
learn a program you are much more apt to stay with it.
Mark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "crisenbery99708

Discussion Thread

natchamp_87 <mark@h... 2002-12-08 23:35:50 UTC ProDESKTOP Express 2001 crisenbery99708 <crisen@m... 2002-12-09 14:15:15 UTC Re: ProDESKTOP Express 2001 James Stevens 2002-12-09 14:56:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ProDESKTOP Express 2001 natchamp_87 <mark@h... 2002-12-09 18:30:58 UTC Re: ProDESKTOP Express 2001