CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM info

RichD wrote:

>Jan,
>The machine has a reel of wire at the top and is fed thru a series of insulated
>rollers to steady the pull and wipe the wire then down thru a guide,
>graphite conductor shoe, thru a saphire guide, thru the material to cut,
>thru the lower saphire guide, graphite conductor, under a roller, out the
>back to the motorized pulling rolls and down to the bin. Some machines
>chop the wire as it exits.
>Now you can build your own!
>This machine occupies a space about 6 feet cubed. The working envelope is only 15 x 15"!
>Brass wire seems to be the universal material. I don't know if others are available.

Robert Langlois was demonstrating a wire EDM at the 2001 NAMES show. He
was cutting
hair-thin tubing with it, under pure water. He said he was using a
Molybdenum wire, if I
remember correctly. He had 2 grooved spools, and the wire was fed back
and forth many times.
There were knots or something in the wire that tripped reversing
switches when it got near the
end.

RichD 2002-12-14 22:37:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM info Jon Elson 2002-12-16 01:57:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM info turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2002-12-16 07:19:51 UTC Re: EDM info (names2001) Zafar Salam 2002-12-16 19:22:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM info